You can prepare delicious and mouthwatering pan-fried oyster mushrooms in minutes with a few ingredients and tools. Here is the guide to making a crispy, garlicky, and incredible side dish.
Quick Steps Overview
- Organize your cooking station
- Take butter and add it to the skillet
- Add oyster mushrooms and flip them
- Season and cook mushroom
- Remove cooked mushroom from heat
- Check the taste and add more season if needed
- Serve it hot
Follow these simple steps and enjoy delicious pan-fried oyster mushrooms. Many like oyster mushroom since it is easy to cook and tastes excellent. You can replace your old button mushrooms with oysters. You can pan fry oyster mushroom and pair it with your favorite dishes. But ensure that you have all the ingredients and tools to prepare your recipe effortlessly. Here is the pan-fried oyster mushroom recipe you can go through.
How To Prepare Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster mushrooms are not always available, and you might need to look in all the possible stores. You will appreciate your effort and like to have it whenever available.
You can check your local grocery store for oyster mushrooms. Some are available as a stalk with many mushrooms, and you can also find individual large oyster mushrooms. If you have a stalk, you can separate mushrooms before cleaning. Remove all the mushrooms and discard the base. Also, large mushrooms will have hard stems, you need to remove them, but you can keep small ones.
You will have to take extra caution while cleaning. Take a damp towel and wipe mushrooms down. You can run water quickly if you do not want to use a towel. As these mushrooms absorb water fast, you will have to avoid more water exposure.
Tools You Will Need to Cook Oyster Mushrooms
Cooking will be easy and less time-consuming if you use the right tools. You will need only a few tools to make the preparation a breeze. Here are the tools you will need to support your cooking.
A sturdy and well-made cutting board will minimize the mess and make cutting easy, even for beginners. You can have the following cutting board to meet all your cutting jobs.
2 Sided Cutting Board With Handle | imarku
2-Sided Cutting Board
Imarku sturdy 2-sided cutting board comes with a handle to ensure smooth cutting and easy usage. Cleaning will be easy with its non-porous surface. Also, it features a nonslip border to prevent mess. The thick and high-quality material makes it perfect for everyday use since it can meet most of your cutting needs in the kitchen.
- The cutting board has two sides to help users with better functionality and versatility. Users can use one side to cut meats and another to cut vegetables. The handle will help with easy usage.
- The non-porous surface will minimize cleaning requirements, and the material is scratch resistant to help with maximum durability. You can rinse it after every use to get a durable result and new look.
- The 13.5 x 11.2 professional cutting board is durable, versatile, and quality-made. The design and quality will protect your knife and you.
- It features a rough-textured surface to prevent slipping.
- The material is not wood or bamboo, and you might not find it the best while looking for natural solutions.
If you want perfection in cooking, you will need a sharp knife. A sharp knife will minimize cutting effort, and you can have better precision. While cutting mushrooms, it is a must to have a sharp knife to separate mushrooms. You will need a razor-sharp tool to support your cooking. You can consider any of the following for your recipe.
Imarku Hammered Chef Knife 8
Imarku Chef Knife 8 features a hammered design and looks impressive with its pakkawood handle and blade appearance. You will appreciate both the look and functionality of this knife. This attractive and efficient knife can cut meats and vegetables at ease. The mirrored blade of this knife has a dimple pattern to release foods fast while dicing or slicing.
- This versatile and well-made hammered knife can support different cutting needs. You can use it to cut sushi, vegetables, bread, and meat. While using it, you will have a perfect cutting experience.
- High-quality material, sturdy design, and dimple pattern make cutting easy, and you can get precision.
- Stunning design, cutting-edge technology, and premium material make the blade razor-sharp.
- The ergonomic handle looks impressive and gives the desired comfort and a safe grip to the hand.
- You might need a large blade while cooking in a professional setup.
Imarku Chef All-Purpose Knife 8
Imarku Chef's Knife 8 is an all-purpose knife, and you can use it for mincing, dicing, slicing, and chopping. It uses high-carbon stainless steel to offer the desired sturdiness and maintain efficiency for a long time. It meets different cutting needs while maintaining its appearance and functionality.
- It uses 7cr17MoV steel and contains 0.6-0.75 carbon to make the end product quality-made and durable.
- This multi-functional knife can be perfect for everyday use. You can use it safely and comfortably for most of your cutting needs.
- It features a pakkawood handle to minimize finger fatigue and numbness, and you can hold it for a long time.
- You might not appreciate its simple design.
You will have to find an ultra-functional and high-performing frying fan to support different cooking needs. The following medium-weight and versatile frying pan is a must-have kitchen appliance.
Imarku 12" Hammered Stainless Frying Pan
Imarku 12" Hammered Stainless Frying Pan is versatile and perfect for cooking on high heat and flipping at ease. The flat surface makes it versatile, and the handle ensures a comfortable and safe grip.
- It combines stainless steel and responsive aluminum core to offer enhanced durability. Also, you can expect even heat distribution.
- The flat surface will provide enough room for cooking, and also, the ergonomic handle will remain cool during cooking, and you can flip or toss it whenever needed.
- This frying pan is compatible with many cookware, including gas stoves, electric, and an oven.
- Food might stick to the bottom since it lacks coating.
Recipe: Pan-fried Oyster Mushrooms
- Cook time- 10 minutes
- Preparation time- 5 minutes
- Total time-15 minutes
Ingredients You Will Need
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One pound cleaned and evenly cut oyster mushrooms
- Two tablespoons of garlic butter or butter
- Black pepper to taste
- Two smashed garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
How to Cook
- Step One: Gather all the ingredients and tools and set up your cooking station.
- Step Two: Add garlic butter or butter to your skillet and olive oil, and use medium-high heat during cooking.
- Step Three: Once the butter melts, add mushrooms in a single layer and cook them until they turn brown, around two minutes.
- Step Three: Flip over oyster mushrooms and add garlic.
- Step Four: Reduce the heat to medium-low, season mushrooms with pepper and salt, and cook the mixture until it turns brown.
- Step Four: Remove the pan from heat once both sides are golden brown
- Step Five: Check the mushroom and adjust seasoning if needed. You can add pepper and salt to your taste. Now you can enjoy your pan-fried oyster mushroom with your favorite dish.
How To Store Oyster Mushrooms
- You will need an air-tight container to store your leftover mushrooms. You can keep them for three to five days while maintaining the crispiness and taste.
- You can also freeze your leftover mushrooms. First, cool your leftovers completely, and then use freezer bags to store them. Remove all the possible air from the bag, and then you will have to seal it. You can freeze leftover mushrooms for around six months. Before eating, keep them in your refrigerator overnight and then reheat.
- Place mushrooms in a skillet and reheat them over low heat. Turn and stir occasionally, and heat them properly before eating.
Pan-fried oyster mushroom is versatile, and you can pair it with most things. If you want a vegetarian meal, you can pair your side dish with a potato recipe, including mashed potatoes, quinoa, and salad. Here are some serving suggestions you can consider for oyster mushrooms.
- Steak: Mushrooms, including stuffed mushrooms, can be the best pair for your juicy steak. You can top your food with any of your favorite sauces to make it even more delicious.
- Eggs: Scrambled or fried eggs can match with pan-fried oyster mushrooms perfectly. If you love cheese frittata and bacon, you can pair them with your mushroom.
- Chicken: You can pair chicken fried rice and garlic butter chicken with pan-fried butter mushroom. You can add spices to make it more flavorful.
- Mushroom Soup: If you like mushroom soup, you can have oyster mushroom in your soup. You can replace your old mushrooms with oyster ones in your stew and fry.
- Pork: A juicy pork chop or tender roasted pork can pair well with oyster mushrooms.
- Burgers: Add oyster mushroom to your burger to make it delicious and healthy. You can combine some sauce to make it even tastier.
- Spices: You can add some herbs and seasoning to your mushroom to make it healthier and more delicious.
Pair pan-fried oyster mushrooms with most of your favorite dishes to enjoy your food more.