Sweet Potato Au Gratin Recipe
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 2 large (~2lb or 450g) sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup shredded gouda
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 can (13.5oz) lite coconut milk
- SUBSTITUTE: skim milk; full fat coconut cream
- Set oven to 350F.
- Wash sweet potatoes, then slice them up using a mandolin or sharp knife. They should be the thickness of about 2 nickels. Add them to a bowl.
- Sprinkle in nutmeg, cinnamon, smoked paprika and arrowroot and toss. Make sure every slice is coated.
- In a baking dish or cast iron skillet, lightly spray with cooking spray, then arrange a single layer of overlapping sweet potatoes in the bottom. Add a bit of parmesan and then pour in some of the coconut milk. Repeat.
- On the final top layer add the gouda and rosemary.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 50 minutes, removing the foil about halfway through in order to brown the top.
- Let it cool for at least 20 minutesbefore enjoying. The longer it has to cool, the thicker and creamier it will be upon serving.