PREP TIME 5 MINUTES COOK TIME 15 MINUTES TOTAL TIME 20 MINUTES
Ingredients for 6 cups
Serving size: 1 cup
- 40g (~3 tablespoons) dried corn kernels (I used white corn)
spray avocado oil
- Substitutes (preferably oils with a high smoke point): coconut oil; safflower oil; peanut oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- dried chives
- Set an air fryer machine to 390F (199C).
- Add the kernels to the fryer basket and lightly spray with a little avocado/coconut oil. If needed, line the sides of the tray with aluminum foil to prevent popped popcorn from leaving the basket and flying around in the air fryer.
- Insert the basket and set time for 15 minutes. Check on it every 3 to 5 minutes to ensure the kernels are not burning. Once they begin to pop, monitor them closely until the popping sound stops, or until the 15 minutes has expired.
- Remove the basket immediately and dump the contents in a large bowl. Lightly spray with coconut or avocado oil, then dust with garnish to taste.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.