Air Fried German Pancakes
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME 8 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 13 MINUTES
Ingredients for ~5 pancakes
Serving size ~1/2 cup of batter
- 3 whole eggs
1 cup whole wheat flour
- Substitutes: oat flour
1 cup almond milk
- Substitutes: coconut milk; reduced fat milk; 2% whole milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 heaping tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (optional yet recommended to replace the need for added oil or butter)
- fresh berries
- Swerve confectioners sugar
- raw unsweetened cacao nibs (for crunch and antioxidants)
- Greek yogurt
- maple syrup (optional)
- Set air fryer to 390F / 199C. Set the cast iron tray or ramekin inside the air fryer as it heats.
- Add all ingredients for the batter to a blender and blend until smooth. If the batter happens to be too thick, simply add tablespoons of milk and/or applesauce to thin it out.
- Spray a cast iron tray or ramekin with nonstick baking spray, then pour in a serving of the batter.
- Air fry for 6 to 8 minutes. Do NOT worry if the top comes out kind of “hard” to touch. That’s the benefit of using the air fryer – it gives the pancake a nice firm outer coating/edges that soften as it cools.
- Store the remaining batter in an airtight container in the fridge to make it fresh every morning.
- Garnish and enjoy!